Monday 28 January 2013

Ambience For Ambience Sake

All the single ladies, all the single ladies. Now put your hands up - yeah this is my jam. I am pretty much Miss Single McSingleton, to the point that I am considering getting a couple of cats, and donning a wedding dress a la Miss Havisham. Anyways - I still think it's nice for my boudoir to have a bit of atmosphere (and I know that doesn't come from the clothes strewn on the floor, and make-up littering every shelf - don't worry guys that youtube room tour is on its way). I like to add a bit of ambience to my room while I'm sitting watching Arrested Development on Netflix by lighting a few candles. Yeah, yeah I know what y'all are thinking - and no I'll not be teaching you how to suck eggs after this. So here are a couple of my favourite scented candles for your consideration*.




I had been given this candle from The White Company as a Christmas gift, it is not something I would have bought for myself, as £20 seems quite expensive for something you're burning = makes me feel like I'm burning my money = makes me feel a bit guilty. I would have to say though the scent from this candle is right up my street, deep, fruity and musky. I love the smell of this wafting though my room, especially at this time of year, where you want things in your house that make you feel cosy. I would say this scent is the candle equivalent of sheepskin slippers and DVD boxsets. I will most certainly be buying this again, it has been a most enjoyed gift.








The second lot of candles and holders I am enjoying - are from PartyLite. I had also received these as Christmas gifts. If you've not heard of PartyLite - they do have a website, and they also do candle parties. Not my sort of thing- as I've said I spend my spare time in my room watching tv shows on Netflix on my laptop. These candles and holders are from the Forbidden Fruits collection - how very boudoir. The first thing I'd like to say about these is how strong the candles are. The box for them is sitting on my knee while I'm typing this, and I can smell the Fig Fatale candles that are inside the box. As you can imagine they're even better when they are lit. I love the candle holders, even when I have used all the candles, I think the black holder with the mirror would make a lovely wee trinket box as well. Goes without saying how us girls like small trinket boxes, photo frames and what not. I would also like to add that the product names within the Forbidden Fruits range make me giggle like a school girl - I mean 'Plum Pleasure' - did no one edit the collection before it was submitted to the public?!

Heather xxx

*Awards season is really taking over my little fashion loving brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment